Because of the way biomethane is generated, the gas can be contaminated with other components which could cause damage to the pipelines or cause safety issues.
Biomethane sites can required by network operators to have performance evaluations to demonstrate compliance with entry agreements and safety requirements.
For more information, or to send a request for quotation, please contact us.
Benefits of working directly with EffecTech
By working directly with EffecTech, customers can expect a fast, responsive and cost-effective service, tailored to your requirements:
- We are the experts in gas measurement – we can advise on how to improve GC performance
- All site work can be arranged to take place on one day, to reduce downtime
- EffecTech’s performance evaluations and metering validations provide you with the information you need to determine whether your instrument is fit for purpose, making sure:
- Your site is compliant with legal and regulation requirements
- You can limit your financial and legal exposure from mismeasurement
Calibration Gases and Carrier Gases for Biomethane Sites
|Gas mixture types||Used for||Standard delivery time|
|Type 4 hydrocarbon mixtures||calibrating the GC for network entry requirements||2-3 weeks from receipt of order|
|biomethane calibration gases||calibrating the instrument for network entry and safety requirements||4-5 weeks from receipt of order|
EffecTech also holds stock
of the following gases:
- 35-day test gases
- carrier gases
EffecTech Performance evaluations cover the instruments’ measurement of:
- Calorific value of the biomethane for billing requirements
- Oxygen and Hydrogen Sulphide against legal limits to make sure the gas is compliant with safety and operational requirements for network entry
Metering validations ensure that the instruments used for the calculation of mass, volume or energy flowrate are functioning correctly. EffecTech’s methods are based on accepted industry standards such as National Grid’s T/PR/ ME/2 Parts 1-3 in the UK.