EffecTech is an Industrial Partner for:
- The Sustainable Hydrogen (SusHy) Centre for Doctoral Training
- The EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Carbon Capture and Storage and Cleaner Fossil Energy
- The EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Embedded Intelligence
The Sustainable Hydrogen (SusHy) Centre for Doctoral Training is a collaboration between the Universities of Nottingham, Loughborough, Birmingham and Ulster. The SusHy CDT has four overarching centre objectives:
- Deliver high quality transdisciplinary training, covering fundamental science, applied engineering, and systems issues and build an appreciation of societal barriers to innovation.
- Through innovation opportunities, build initiative and stimulate an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Deliver “industry ready” doctorates who have a comprehensive skill set and experiences.
- Co-create research ideas and undertake in partnership with our stakeholders, cutting edge investigations of hydrogen-based solutions to deep decarbonisation of the energy system.
The EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Carbon Capture and Storage and Cleaner Fossil Energy (CCSCFE) aims to bring together the expertise of the Universities of Nottingham, Sheffield, Loughborough, Birmingham; the British Geological Survey; industrial sponsors and cohorts of high-calibre PhD students in order to tackle Global challenges, such as reducing the world’s carbon footprint to mitigate the effects that Climate Change is having on the planet.
The EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Embedded Intelligence is partnered with Loughborough University and Heriot-Watt University and offers fully funded studentships to eligible candidates in the areas of autonomous products, functional materials, high performance connected systems, data-to-knowledge solutions, and engineering for industry, life and health.