The new edition of the GIIGNL LNG Custody Transfer Handbook, (available to download at the GIIGNL Resources page) issued May 2021 again emphasises ISO 10723 performance evaluations as best practice for instrument calibration and verification, and has now expanded its advice to state that calibration “shall be carried out with a CRM or better, verification gases with methane as “balance” shall not be used.”
This 6th version also introduces Raman spectroscopy as a method for analysing LNG composition which carries out direct analysis in the LNG transfer line(s).
To help LNG customers avoid serious financial mismeasurement, EffecTech can provide:
- For GC and vaporiser calibration:
- 17020 accredited inspections and ISO 17025 accredited calibrations in accordance with ISO 10723 for LNG and natural gas
- high quality traceable ISO 17034 Certified Reference Materials, which provide the amount mol fraction and uncertainties for methane, as well as all the other components
- For direct measurement analysers
- calibration of LNG analysers, using reference liquid mixtures which are prepared cryogenically in a bespoke cryostat, also known as an LNG liquefier.
EffecTech’s accreditations provide traceability and accuracy through peer-reviewed procedures which give confidence to our customers in the services offered.
For more information about our products and services, please contact us.
The 6th edition of the LNG Custody Transfer Handbook was published in May 2021 by the International Group of Liquefied Natural Gas Importers (GIIGNL). The handbook covers best practice and guidance on the equipment and methodology for determining the thermal energy of liquefied natural gas (LNG) transported by ships. GIIGNL promotes the purchasing, importing, processing, transportation, handling, re-gasification of LNG and its various uses and has a membership made up of LNG companies from the Americas, Asia and Europe. To find out more about the organisation, visit their website: www.giignl.org